Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Letting go


2016 was quite a year. I have been looking back through my journal recently and can't believe all the things that have happened this year and all the emotional ups-and-downs that accompany them.

Throughout this year, there are many things I've had to 'let go' of. The journey of asking others for my financial provision has been difficult but as I've 'let go' of worrying about it, God has put opportunities and resources in front of me that I wasn't expecting. I felt unheard and unable to influence in my work environment but as I've 'let go' of finding worth in the strength of my opinions, I've been at peace without having to be heard and have had chances to speak in unexpected situations and influence unexpected people. I sometimes feel my life doesn't measure up in comparison to friends or acquaintances but as I've 'let go' of trying to live out someone else's story, I've found genuine joy and gratitude in living out the unique story that God has asked me and only me to live.


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment