Sunday, August 11, 2013

Soccer camp in Redmond, Washington

After my own coaching tour in Ohio was complete, I flew out to Seattle to join our team of coaches in the Pacific Northwest to be part of the last Ambassadors camp of the summer in Redmond, WA. This camp has been going strong for many years and is connected with Overlake Christian Church. We had about 130 campers and a ton of energy to go along with them.


We were blessed with really great weather all week and I was very grateful to be part of a fantastic coaching team. Having had no team of my own to coach all summer, I was very excited to have my own team, the Norwegian Falcons. They were a great group of kids and I hope to see all of them again at future camps.

Thank you to everyone for making this summer possible. All the churches involved, all the parents, all the campers, and all of the coaches. Many people gave a lot of their time and energy to make these camps happen. But I want to thank all of the people supporting Ambassadors programs through their donations and volunteer time. It is great to be at camp with the students but there is absolutely no way we could do this without a larger community to stand with us. There were so many campers that built relationships with church staff and volunteers and with each other this summer through the camps program. We also had dozens of students make a decision for Christ and expressed a desire to plug into the local church community. We don't know what the future holds for many of these kids, but we are grateful for the chance to plant seeds of faith, hopefully connecting families to places of worship where they can grow in their knowledge and love of Jesus. I cannot be more happy to be a part of this work.



No comments:

Post a Comment